- 2 pounds of yellow peas
- 6 liters of water
- 2/3 cup of powder chicken broth
- 1 cup of finely chopped white onion
- ½ piece of salted pork fat
- ¾ cup of finely grated carrots
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of parsley
- Soak the peas in water in a large cooking pot for 12 hours and drain.
- In a large cooking pot, put all the ingredients together with the 6 liters of water.
- Cook for 1 hour while stirring very often.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 1 hour, stirring often.
Chef artisan Réjean Michaud