- 1 cup of shortening or margarine
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups of molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of coffee in 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 5 to 6 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of ginger
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons of soda
- Preheat oven at 350o F.
- Mix sugar and shortening or margarine together, then add the eggs, molasses and coffee.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to the first preparation.
- Add the flour to make the dough manageable to be able to roll it.
- Put in fridge for about 1 hour.
- Take out dough and roll it by ball, cut with a glass or cookie cutter.
- Cook on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes one hundred cookies
Chef artisan Réjean Michaud