- 3 cups of wild strawberries
- 2 tablespoons of sugar and/or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
- * For a bigger quantity than this recipe, simply double the ingredients.
- Place strawberries in a cooking pot. Add a tablespoon of water to the strawberries in the cooking pot and sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar on top of the strawberries. Leave it to stand for 2 hours.
- At very low heat, let simmer your mixture and make sure that they do not stick at the bottom and stir the least possible so that the strawberries do not crush. The preparation should not boil, but simmer slowly.
- A stock of strawberries will appear at about 15 to 20 minutes of cooking. Add your teaspoon of cornstarch and dilute until it completely disappears.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes and make sure that the mixture does not stick to the bottom.
- Remove from heat and taste the result. Add the other tablespoon of sugar or more if needed.
- Pour in a container that goes in the refrigerator, let the jam cool at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes and then refrigerate
Chef artisan Réjean Michaud