- 1 bag of beans
- 1 teaspoon of soda
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced onions
- slices of pork fat
- Optional: 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1 bag of beans (put in water over night).
- Rinse the beans in the morning and set to boil. When they boil, remove from the stove and put a teaspoon of soda while stirring (this makes a foam).
- Rinse the beans and put in a sandstone or other pot.
- Put a tablespoon of dry mustard on top, salt and pepper to taste, sliced onions and slices of pork fat.
- Optional: 1 cup of maple syrup.
- Fill with Pepsi to cover beans.
- Bake at 350o F for about 6 to 8 hours.
- Add Pepsi from time to time.
NOTE: For those who have difficulty in digesting beans, the Pepsi helps.Otherwise, put water.
Chef artisan Réjean Michaud